This little lamp belongs to the 'Blue Series' by Einar Johansen, produced at the Pottery studio Søholm on the island Bornholm in Denmark in the 1960's.
The electricity on it has been completely restored, finished with a wrapped cord, made in Italy.
The clay on Bornholm is of a very high quality, therefore Bornholm has always attracted a lot of ceramists. Søholm Pottery was founded in 1835 by Edvard Christian Sonne and Herman Sonne Wolffsen. Through the years different owners managed to keep in touch with times, by hiring some of the top ceramic artists of the times. Many of the greatest ceramics craftsmen and women of Denmark, has at some point either, worked or done apprenticeship at Søholm. Søholm has established itself as one of the top makers of Scandinavia midcentury icons of stoneware.
The factory closed in 1996.
Einar Johansen for Søholm | Denmark | 1960's
Shipping & Returns
Designed by Einar Johansen for Søholm
Place of origin:
This is a vintage item, in good condition.
Height with lampshade: 31cm